home map travel tales good reads recipes

Saturday, February 18, 2012

I just got really excited about this idea!

So excited, in fact, that I thought I'd write a blog post straight away! I just received my follower update from that artist woman and she shared this fantastic acrostic poem book idea: 

How cute, right? I LOVE HER BLOG! Gail is also a very kind blogger AND Canadian to boot! She has so many great Language-Art-Social Studies connections that you're bound to find something you can use on her site.

I have decided to use this book idea in my classroom with my lingering unit on penguins, because I know that my ESL learners struggle with acrostic poetry {flashback to a Social Studies lesson in my room where my students
failed miserably intried creating poems with their first names ...sigh}. Anyway, I don't have a lot of the materials she used, so I'm majorly simplifying her idea to create a fact booklet. I just made this super quick template:



All the kids have to do is try to cut as nicely as possible on the black lines {workin' on those fine motor skills!} and then we will staple the pages together. Ta da! I'll post again when I have some finished products! Download my fact book here, if you'd like.

1 comment:

  1. [...] of a second grade teacher in Kuwait « I just got really excited about this idea! Feb [...]

    ReplyDelete