home map travel tales good reads recipes

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kitchen Kerplunk

My husband makes delicious food.
Everything that comes out of his kitchen is delicious.
He makes perfect brownies from scratch.
He makes the moistest breaded chicken.
He makes apple-marinated steak that is full of flavour.
He makes the best garlicy mashed potatoes.

I, on the other hand, do not make great food every time I cook.
Sometimes I get lucky...
Like when I make pumpkin ice box pie or lemon cookies.
But sometimes, it turns out like this:
This was supposed to be quesadillas.
Instead, it was a heap of cheese, tomatoes, sumac-spiced chicken, and tortilla.
It tasted fine; in my opinion, you can't go wrong with those ingredients.
But you can see it was lacking in the presentation department...
Suffice it to say we ordered pizza for dinner the next night.
Here's hoping your kitchen escapades are a little more successful than mine!
- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment