home map travel tales good reads recipes

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Blah - reports.

You know how when you're writing reports you have really great ideas for everything but those reports? 
You just can't seem to focus on those reports?
Your mind goes blank every time you stare at a child's name on your computer screen?
That's me.

I think I've checked my email a bazillion times.
I've organized the awful mess of a book shelf where things categorized "I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-you-yet" get thrown.
I've read and made comments on some little journal entries.
I took down some work from a bulletin board. 
I put up new work on a bulletin board.
I ate my lunch. 
{I wasn't hungry yet.}
I emailed poor husband to tell him know how distracted I am. 
{He emailed back saying his day is very productive. Thanks, dear.}
So, blogging becomes the next procrastination tool.
{Lucky you - haha!}

And at that, it won't even be educational, this blogging. It's becoming true procrastination now. 

I think I've talked before about the fact that I don't cook.
Very much, anyway.
But I'm trying to learn a few things. Like how when substituting fresh basil in a recipe that calls for dried you simply double the amount. Learned that yesterday.

When I found this recipe yesterday for Lemon Glazed Cookies I had to try them because I'm a major lemon fan,
glazed lemon cookies yum
 and this morning I made these Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls because Jeff is a major maple and bacon fan
Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls 
and they were both delicious! We don't have real bacon in Kuwait, of course, so we buy a lot of beef bacon. It's not so bad.

Maybe now I can try to read up a little on travel tips for our upcoming trip to Jordan.
Or organize my assessment folders.
Or catch up with someone {anyone!} through email. 
Or organize the classroom library again.
Or clear off my gross teacher desk.
...
... 

2 comments:

  1. That's how I feel when I do reports!! I am so ready for a vacation!! 3 days away...

    Love your blog!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I'm not alone :P
    Thanks, Kelli, and enjoy your vacation!
    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete