home map travel tales good reads recipes

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Mystery Kitchen... Is it yours?!

For spelling homework, students are sometimes asked to complete one of these Tic-Tac-Toe activities.
 
Fun, right?
I thought so, so I shared it on my blog awhile ago.
Other teachers have thought it a fun activity, too - yay! - and downloaded it.
How do I know?
Well, one of the squares asks students to send me an email with a typed list of their words.
So, naturally, I included my school email address.
{Which has the word "Kuwait" in it.}
But I forgot to delete it before I uploaded.
Since January, I've gotten about two emails a week from students in I-don't-know-where in the world, listing their spelling words.
I thought this was a funny oversight on my part.
But today, that oversight got even funnier when I received an email with this picture attached:
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=41b3b90427&view=att&th=13daf0e8fd6b6ead&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=860951dff60d8968_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P95ACalo0iAhcI1QsuPTgNT&sadet=1364462151165&sads=Szrk8elKGgJg3YTfncSeaTg78FM
Now the mystery remains: Whose kitchen is this?!?!
It's funny to me that parents do not second guess as they are typing the email address - "Hmm...Kuwait? That's strange. Oh, well. Send."
- Amanda   

No comments:

Post a Comment