home map travel tales good reads recipes

Friday, November 15, 2013

random name generator + typhoon yolanda/haiyan

Pretty sure this is my new favourite classroom tool:
The easiest computerized random group/name generator...
that's totally free!
You simply download it from the software developer here (I definitely declined all the "ad" options that come with it), type in your student's names, and then randomly choose groups, pairs or individuals.

I used it today to create "expert groups" for a bit of research we were doing about Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan and its devastation.
It's amazing the way the global community has come together in the face of disaster to offer aid...
It's amazing the way our ISM community is coming together to offer relief...
It's amazing the way even the students in my class are offering their time by volunteering to pack food and water for distribution to affected areas.
My heart goes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment