home map travel tales good reads recipes

Monday, July 15, 2013

grandma's coleslaw

You know, there are not a lot of foods that I just don't like.
I'll eat almost anything and I'll try almost anything.
{Needless to say, perhaps, I will not be trying balut when we arrive in Manila.}
One thing I really do not like, though, is coleslaw.
It's too green and mushy for me.
It's vinegar-y and tangy in all the wrong ways.

Last week we had a turkey dinner with the family.
{Since we live overseas, we tend to have whole trimmed holiday dinners in the summer.}
Jeff's grandma always makes awesome food, but this time she made an awesome coleslaw.
I didn't even know this was possible!
I think I'm a coleslaw convert.

Grandma's Coleslaw

1 bag cabbage or broccoli slaw {or chop your own}
1 c Miracle Whip
1/4 c white sugar
2 Tbsp white vinegar
raisins
pecans

Mix 'em up good and throw in as many raisins and pecans as your heart desires. We had this as a side with ribs and it was a perfect summer meal. Yum!

- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment