home map travel tales good reads recipes

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Unbelievable

You know, I really do love shopping. What I love more, though, are shopping deals. Man, do I love me a good deal. It's sad, but I'm cheap, so it all works out in the end. But I managed somehow - let's call it a miracle - to get through TpT's Cyber Monday/Tuesday with buying...
{drum roll, please}
only...
{lean forward in seats with anticipation}
one...
{"Did she say 'one?'"}
yes, one...
{gasp!}
TpT product.
{"Wha?!" "How did she..." "It's too crazy to be true."}

I don't know how I did it, because I have more than a few items on my wishlist, but I did. I'm so happy about my purchase, though, because I think it will be very effective with my ESL groups. What is the one special item, you ask? The only item that could tempt me to click "Checkout"?

Ta-da! 
Christina DeCarbo's Sight Word Fluency Passages for Reading Intervention. 
It's all about helping your students understand their sight words in context - sure, they can read the word on a flash card, but when they come to it in a body of text, they suddenly don't know that word or don't understand its meaning. I feel like I'll be able to make extra progress by adding this to my Guided Reading instructional plan. You can even get a sample lesson {I'll admit, it's what reeled me in} when you download the preview of this item. I'll be waiting patiently for her 2nd and 3rd grade Dolch words packets to meet the range of abilities in my class!
Even though I didn't go totally wild, I'm linking up with Stephanie from Falling Into First for her linky. Maybe mine will be the anomaly-edition link.
Happy weekend!
- Amanda

1 comment:

  1. How sweet are you?!?! Thank you so much for the little shout-out! I'm so happy this will work for your students. :). Thank you so much for your purchase! Title

    ReplyDelete