home map travel tales good reads recipes

Friday, December 14, 2012

Last week fun

Fun or pandemonium? Hmm... Let's just say I'm gearing up for both with some hands-on activities. One I am sharing with you today is a Christmas tree craftivity that can be adapted for a Math or Language Arts extension - a "Smart Art" project. I have included some differentiated activities - story starters, addition and subtraction word problems, and colours practice. Feel free to download it from Google Docs by clicking below - I'd love to see if your students create these :)
It's funny - living in a Muslim country we aren't supposed to really "do" Christmas, but all of the malls here are playing festive tunes and have decorations to the max. Also, every time I say "winter break," my kids say "Christmas holiday time," so I though I'd make it all a wee bit educational :)
- Amanda
PS - Also available here on TpT and here on TN.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, that's really funny! Thanks so much, this is a really great craftivity!

    Irene
    LWML is hosting a fun linky!

    ReplyDelete