home map travel tales good reads recipes

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Frog Facts (I thought I'd switch up the usual blogger New Year's Activities post for the first week back!)

I don't know what's going on, but this has been the. longest. week. ever. in Kuwait! I've barely noticed the weeks flying past since we got here, but this one, this one decided to hang around! Maybe it's because it was the first full week back. Maybe it's because reports are looming and they know I still have a lot I want to fit in before writing them up -- in that case, thank you, time!

While December was a mad flurry of finishing up units and projects, I was able to find some time in this slow week back to put up some of the work my students did. I have to say I'm pretty happy with it! Their non-fiction frog writing turned out pretty well, even if some didn't quite follow instructions and are were missing crucial elements (like a title!).





It may have been useful to preface that with "My students are EFL learners" (even though it's tough to see the actual writing). At any rate, I LOVE the upside down eyes guy. It's interesting, but the work actually reminds me of the student that created it. (PS - I don't in any way mean to imply that he looks evil.) Isn't it funny the way that happens? We start to see our students in their work... Just one more tiny reason I love my job!



Click HERE for the Frog Facts graphic organizer I made to complete with my students, and HERE for the page topper that I drew up. I originally wanted two frog topper patterns per page (I'm a bit of a softie when it comes to saving paper!), but the day I did this one I was in a bit of a rush so the larger freehand had to do! If ever I redraw it, say, for next year's class, up the new pattern will go.



I hope everyone has had a wonderful week back (or week and a half, like me!). Can hardly believe it's January already...

No comments:

Post a Comment