home map travel tales good reads recipes

Friday, September 14, 2012

Come on, TpT

Just a few photos to start:
Daily 5 mini-lessons

My first Wow! Work installment. This little guy has the neatest writing, and not only did he write the most, but he wrote the most sensibly!

Yellow pages to highlight the vowels on our Word Wall

First rotation of classroom jobs

Beginning our Math stations (this idea from Cassie at Adventures in Teaching). I have a forty minute Math lesson period everyday. About four times in our six day cycle, I have a second forty minute Math block. These double blocks are not side-by-side in my schedule, so we do a forty minute lesson and practice period, then in the next we have our BUILD rotation where I'm able to work with my small group. Thanks, Cassie!

We have three simple rules for our school, so in the first week we made the 3Bees at CBS. This idea adapted from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher - her Valentine bees are super cute!

And now a quick rant - 
Anyone else ever annoyed when TpT won't let you upload a file because "An item already exists with that title. Please alter it a bit. Thanks."? It is the most annoying thing! Of course there are other items with that title, because that title explains perfectly what it is, and no, mine is not the first of its kind. And then, because I've had to alter the title, when I do a broad search for items like it, mine does not show up on the home search. I tried SO MANY variations on the titles and nothing would work.... So now, I have a product called "3 Ways to Read a Book - it's the only title that fits. Please allow it." in my shop. haha It's a good thing this is a free item :)

- Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I just love your helper chart of classroom jobs! And, yes, it is annoying when nothing works on TPT and I've only tried a few items. I love the title you came up with - too funny! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete