home map travel tales good reads recipes

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oh happy day!

This summer, I had the best day of my life. On July 21 Jeff and I were married in a simple, outdoor, evening ceremony with our closest friends and family - and then we partied hard with all of them! We played our own music and had a friend step in as DJ {many many thanks, Alex!}, decorated the venue, personalized our seating arrangement, and I even made my own bouquet - nothing fancy but that's the way I like it. The bonus part? I wasn't stressed at all on the day! I feel it must be because it is completely natural - a next step - to marry the one that makes me laugh, rubs my shoulders through stressful times, lets me cry, and allows me to be only me. 

After the perfect vows, a first married kiss, newlywed photos, some hors d'oeuvres and a little wine, we basically hit the dance floor for several hours of fantastic music. Do I call it fantastic because I had a part in creating the list? A little bit, yeah! I do thank my dear new husband for spending hours fretting over song placement and creating a perfect genre mix to please everyone from 18 to 83! In fact, if you'd like a peak at the wedding playlist {for which we received TONS of great compliments!} I'll be happy to set you up with the playlist if you have of your own events coming ip! It was a beautiful night and one great party.


I just love this handsome man!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful day :)

    I know how you feel about not being nervous. I think some people worry too much about everything going perfectly, and honestly, I told myself that I was sure it WOULDN'T possibly all go right- so why bother stressing? I'm with you- when marrying the right person feels that natural, there's no need to be nervous! :) Congrats!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete