home map travel tales good reads recipes

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Early dismissal...sort of

So I had all kinds of posts planned about the fun stuff we're doing at the end of the year in 2C, but then my entire class stopped coming to school! And not just my class, every class in the school! Since Sunday we have had a total of 20 to 30 students in all of elementary! I know!

 I did expect to have a lot fewer students, but I didn't expect to only have one or two show up each day this week... School is officially out Wednesday the 12th!!! Since the government schools let out here last Thursday, most kids in our private school couldn't be bothered to finish off the school year. Man, things are just so different in Kuwait.

Trust, I'm not really upset. It's been a long year and I'm super pumped to be going home in about a week. But I have to say its a bit disappointing. I didn't get that whole "Have a great summer! Can't wait to see you in September!" with my students. At any rate, it's a great chance to totally organize my things from this year, pack 'em up, and prepare for next year with my team.

 Don't forget to enter my giveaway for your choice of classroom theme pack if you win!
- Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Here I am! Thanks for following me...I am now following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,I just learned you currently work in Kuwait and I do in Lebanon,I think we could find some common thigs:)

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete